I’m Associate Professor (Anthropology) and Director, Undergraduate Studies at American Islamic College, Chicago. I have lived, studied, and taught in the US, the UK, and Pakistan.
I am an international public speaker on gender, religion, education, and politics.
Check out my curriculum vitae for details of my work and experience. Pay me to write on immigrants, gender, Islam and Muslims for your website.
Direct Message me on Twitter at @ShabanaMir1 with serious inquiries.
Some of my areas of interest:
- Islamic thought and practice, especially in terms of gender, historical religious development, and culture
- Gender, Muslim women
- Muslim youth, campus culture, diversity
- Islamophobia and gendered Islamophobia
- Islamic/Muslim education
- Popular culture
I’ve written many book chapters, journal articles, and online articles. A selection of my online publications:
- Gendered Islamophobia
- Mosques and women
- Muslims in campus culture
- Hijab and Muslim women
- Teaching religion in higher education
- Muslim community issues