No, there isn’t one on the blog.
• Because email is one of the biggest time wasters I currently have.
• Because I’m unable to respond to more email than I already get.
• Because it would be rude to list an email that I didn’t respond to regularly.
• Because there’s such a thing as virtual stalkers.
• Because when I made my email available, I started getting way too many emails.
• Because occasionally, there’s a blog reader who wants a response to every forwarded article/joke/sermon they send.
• Because, strange as it may seem, I have a life.
• Because I am working, caring for a child, keeping in touch with family and friends in multiple continents, and occasionally trying to eat and sleep.
– Then there are the readers who think angrily, “If koonj has time to blog, she should have time to respond to MY email.” To them, I respond humbly:
• When I blog, I write ONCE for dozens of readers.
• When I read/respond to email, I have to do so many more times.
• You are probably not the only blog-reader who thinks like this, so we’re not just talking about your single email per day.
• When I blog, I blog not just for YOU but primarily as an outlet for ME. So let’s not mix up MY selfish endeavour with YOURS.
• There is already a reliable method of communicating with me: the Comments. There you may leave questions, comments, angst, anything. The fellow inhabitants of Koonjistan may also respond to your comments there, so you see, you have a BETTER deal than just asking li’l ol’ me.
Another note: I don’t ALWAYS respond to comments (because of reasons above), but generally, I do try, especially if there is a question or serious issue.
Thank you for your understanding. If after reading all that, you’re still stamping your foot, yelling, “But *I* should be able to email you because it’s ME!” then you *definitely* don’t get an email, man.